Limited support of NAND features in MTD.

Alexey Korolev akorolev at infradead.org
Tue Dec 18 11:07:46 EST 2007

Hi

> Possibly the best answer would be a link to a datasheet.

>> Yeah. I know this feature. If I properly understand the real purpose
>> of
>> it is mostly related for FTL but could be used for FS as well.
>> You are right it make sense to try it. But I do not know when it will
>> be possible to do
>> this. Usually this feature is called as Internal data move in NAND
>> specs.

> At least I would like to know what the conditions are.  Can the
> command
> copy whole blocks only?  If it can copy single pages, can it copy any
> pages or just the Nth page of one block to the Nth page of another?

> If any page can be copied to any other page, it should be quite useful
> for any non-compressed filesystem.  YAFFS, old LogFS, anything that
> does
> XIP, possibly UBI,...

I think those links will describe internal data move well.

http://download.micron.com/pdf/technotes/nand/tn2915.pdf
http://www.st.com/stonline/products/literature/an/10061.htm

Here is a link about cached read in addition to Alexander's description.
http://download.micron.com/pdf/technotes/nand/tn2901.pdf

Thanks,
Alexey