JFFS2 support fro AT45* dataflash...

Nils Faerber nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de
Fri Aug 31 04:19:32 EDT 2007

Hi!
Just a quick question of verification ;)
We are planning a new hardware and have to choose our storage device.
Ideally we would like to use one of the AT45* serial data flashes
(currently in plan is AT45DB642D with uclinux 2.6.xx).
Looking through the kernel sources I found several "hints" that those
dataflashes should be supported by MTD and JFFS2.
Now I just read in tha datasheet that dataflashes require a sector
rewrite every 10,000 write cycles in any of the pages of a single sector.
This seems complex to me and I was not able to conclusively figure out
for sure if MTD/JFFS2 supports this. JFFS2 is critical for our application.

So if someone could just briefly acknowledge that this sector-rewrite is
also implemented I would be extremely happy (and continue to go for data
flashes ;)

Many thanks!

Cheers
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535