Using DOCBoot?

Andy Kennedy akennedy at techmoninc.com
Tue Aug 21 17:38:47 EDT 2007

RE: http://www.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2005-July/012960.html

I am having difficulties with the same DOC that I've been attempting to
get up and running using a DOC2000 MD2202-D32-x.  I located a document
that says DOCBoot will do what I need -- at this point, I'm only
attempting to load a kernel image (about 700KB) to boot from a different
device.  The issue is the same as the above link.  I get verbiage that
makes me think that the DOC will boot via the DOCBoot and then (after
recompiling with all the extra debug messages) I get Loading Kernel. .
.  page: 0x0000 and it scrolls through 0xFFFF and I get Loading Kernel
page:  0xFFFFCANNOT FIND IMAGE ON DEVICE.

I have gone through all the readme to find that I need to make a module
for the diskonchip, and that I need to show_firmware_partition=1 to get
/dev/mtd1.  So, I'm getting closer, but I cannot figure out where to go now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy