OOPS at mount

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Apr 26 09:08:52 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 15:00 +0200, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> No, its gone. Is yours still there?

Nope. I think the offending node got marked obsolete after we fixed the
kernel not to crash when it saw it.

I strongly suspect that the root cause here is the fact that you turned
SUMMARY off -- in particular the way that affected the setting of
jffs2_can_mark_obsolete().

That will have meant that _some_ nodes were actually marked obsolete on
the medium, while other nodes weren't. I'm trying to construct a
detailed scenario in which that leads to the error we saw, so I can
convince myself 100% that this was the problem....

--
dwmw2