a beginner question: howto access the flash chip in the board

Ming Liu eemingliu at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 16 09:37:47 EDT 2006

Dear all,
I am a beginner for linux and mtd. So please forgive me for my simple or
maybe stupid question. :-)

My board is xilinx ML403 and I have run a linux 2.6 on the PPC inside. My
senario is: I want to access the two Intel strata compatible flash chips
on-board and so update the kernel and other data in the chips. Then during
next booting, the new kernel could be booted.

I know that mtd is the right thing to deal with this stuff. However I don't
know the detailed steps to implement this function. So I have to ask for
help. Please be patient to help such a beginner problem. I will appreciate
a lot for your help.

Regards
Ming