UBI and OneNAND

Artem Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Tue Nov 7 04:16:41 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 02:35 +0000, 박경민 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for changing subject. My mail program has some problem.
>
> > > I think the following commands just worked:
> > >
> > >   mkdir /mnt/nvm
> > >   flash_eraseall /dev/mtd6
> > >   mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock6 /mnt/nvm
> > >

> > > I wonder whether this is the first attempt to run a kernel using
> > > jffs2 and ubi and mtd and onenand and mips? First or not, it seems to work.
>
> > Yes, it is.  For both onenand and MIPS.  That is good news.  Thanks for
> > testing!
>
> Umm. I think 'John' just mounts jffs2 without UBI.
>
> I also tried but I can't mount jffs2
>
> It is my sequence.
>
> # mkdir -p /mnt
> # insmod ubi.ko mtd=3
>
> UBI: attached mtd3 to ubi0
> UBI: MTD device name:            "rootfs"
> UBI: MTD device size:            16 MB
> UBI: physical eraseblock size:   131072 bytes (128 KB)
> UBI: logical eraseblock size:    126976 bytes
> UBI: number of good PEBs:        127
> UBI: number of bad PEBs:         1
> UBI: smallest flash I/O unit:    2048
> UBI: VID header offset:          2048 (aligned 2048)
> UBI: data offset:                4096
> UBI: max. allowed volumes:       124
> UBI: wear-levelling threshold:   4096
> UBI: number of internal volumes: 2
> UBI: number of user volumes:     0
> UBI: available PEBs:             122
> UBI: total number of reserved PEBs: 5
> UBI: number of PEBs reserved for bad PEB handling: 1

May I kindly ask you to do the following:

1. Enable "UBI debugging" option
2. Go to "UBI debugging messages  --->" and enable:
   a "User interface unit messages"
   b "Messages from the gluebi sub-unit"
   c "Volume management unit messages"
   d "Eraseblock association unit messages"

Then try to mount JFFS2.

Then do:
# mount -t debugfs none /mnt/debugfs
# cat /mnt/debugfs/ubi/log > log

and send me the log file.

Also see http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/faq/ubi.html#L_how_debug
which is a bit out-of-date but still may be helpful.

--
Best regards,
Artem Bityutskiy (Битюцкий Артём)