struct jffs2_xattr_datum/jffs2_xattr_ref/jffs2_inode_cache

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon May 22 11:36:55 EDT 2006

Kaigai-san,

To fix the problems with xattr node deletion, I think you'll need to
just mark nodes obsolete like we do for inode nodes, and keep them in
_list_ of physical nodes attached to a struct jffs2_xattr_datum -- just
the same as the jffs2_inode_cache has a _list_ of nodes.

To avoid re-using xids too early, you'll need the jffs2_xattr_datum to
be removed only when that list is completely empty, in erase.c.

I've (helpfully) added a BUG_ON() in the two places it's likely to be
important, where we assume that what we find at the end of a
->next_in_ino list is a jffs2_inode_cache.

I've also shuffled the three structures so that they all start the
same...

{
	void *scan_dents; /* Unused in XATTR */
	struct jffs2_raw_node_ref *nodes;
	uint8_t class;

I've also extended jffs2_link_node_ref() so that it adds the new
jffs2_raw_node_ref to a jffs2_inode_cache. It should _also_ be able to
add the ref to an xattr_ref or xattr_datum too.

Does that look OK?

I've done all this in the mtd-2.6.git tree -- I've pulled what was in
the jffs2-devel-2.6.git tree into that already.

--
dwmw2