JFFS2 on Sibley

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed May 17 10:44:26 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 15:25 +0200, Davide CASCONE wrote:
> The file system still works properly. So, I have the following
> questions:
> 1. Do you have some suggestion to solve my problem?

Mount read-only or unmount, at _least_ sync, before rebooting.

> 2. With my patch it seems that the headers are not correctly written.
> Do you know anything about it?

It looks like you haven't correctly synced -- there are still buffers
waiting to be written. The node which it complains about was already
partially written to the flash, but the _end_ of the node is still in
the buffer. So the CRC fails and you get a harmless complaint.

> 3. Do you know if a most recent patch is available?

The CVS tree is no longer used. The current MTD code is in the git tree
at git://git.infradead.org/mtd-2.6.git -- browsable at
http://git.infradead.org/?p=mtd-2.6.git

--
dwmw2