mtd-utils

Steve Finney saf76 at earthlink.net
Mon May 1 17:49:55 EDT 2006

I'm new on this list, but not new to Linux...I've been using mtd-utils recently,
and find a few rough edges. I'd be happy to fix them, but I just wanted to check
first about whether there's some reason these aren't good ideas...

1) nandwrite and nanddump only take decimal for numbers like offsets; it
  seems as if a hex option would be useful (just change atoi to strtol).

2) nandump does not provide an option for reading non-error-corrected
  data; I'm playing with ECC on a Samsung chip. so this would be useful for
  debugging. I guess this would just be adding an SETOOBSEL as is done
  in nandwrite?

3) flash_erase doesn't have any usage or --help option.

If these would be generally useful things, I can post the (fairly trivial)
patches to the list.

sf