cfi 0001

Tomas E tomas2003 at home.se
Mon Mar 20 09:31:29 EST 2006

Hi,

I have a problem with writing to a Intel Strata flash
and then doing a warm reset.

I have a jffs2 mounted on mtdblock which uses cfi_cmdset_0001 according to the console messages.

When I do a simple write echo "xxxx" > /MyFlash/test.text
the flash writes but remain in the state that only 0080
can be read when I ioremap some address in the flash.

My problem is that the bootcode also exist in the flash so if the watchdog resets the everything just hang.

I running 2.6.10 but also tried to updated to mtd-snapshot-20060317 but success with that version either.

Is this a expected behavior or shouldn't a write
put the flash in a readable state (on a hardware level)?

What should I do to debug this?

Thanks in advance, Tomas