JFFS2 mounting

Davide CASCONE davide.cascone at st.com
Mon Jun 19 08:41:01 EDT 2006

I have an OMAP5912 OSK platform and I'm using Linux in XIP mode from a Sibley flash. I have the Linux OS image on the first flash bank and the JFFS2 root image on the second flash bank. I have configured the flash and the memory controller in burst mode and I have enabled the data cache on the flash. During the JFFS2 mounting phase I thought every read would have been performed in burst mode x8 (because the data cache is enabled), while it seems some reads are performed in asynchronous mode. Why are some reads performed in asynchronous mode? Does JFFS2 always use the low level driver read function (cfi_intelext_read) to read the flash?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Davide