sector locks handling for J3 flashes?

alfred hitch alfred.hitch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 01:18:00 EST 2006

Hi Ghannon,

Could you please share the code for lock / unlock.
I presume that it must be based on ioctl calls to mtd , same as like
what netlfash does with -l option ?'

Our flash corruption is pretty much random as of now.
Sometimes within a week on new boards (and while running itself, no
resets) and sometimes as much as 3 weeks.
Suspecting some hardware isssues, but difficult to convince them !

Our requirement is pretty much similar to you, to avoid corruption
lock some flash sectors.  No permanent lock desired.

The fact you mentioned of unlock "feature" wasnt known to me, thanks a
lot for the timely tip.

One more thing, I happened to have put some traces in the lock /
unlock handlers attached to MTD layer.
And I observed that when netflash tried to unlock, erase, write,  lock
 the registers value dumped were ff which became fc after lock.
Just curious to know if these are correct as I am confused from the
data sheet on which register is this actually .. is it the status
register ? Block Status register ?

Regards,
Alfred