sector locks handling for J3 flashes?

alfred hitch alfred.hitch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 05:41:37 EST 2006

HI Peter,

Thanks for your reply.

If my partitions are to be used as read only jffs2 partitions ..
Will removing this unlock on these sectors harm anything ??

We are currently undergoing a whole exercise of locking flash sectors
to get past some random flash corruptions we are observing.

Can you please help me to point in code, where this unlock is being done ?

I am actually surprised that noone is running his / her boards with
flash sectors locked ?

I am new to embedded designs, but wont this be a pretty standard /
accepted practice to lock your flash sectors ?

Regards,
Alfred