Driver not probing flash for some reason?

James Hughes JHughes at Linx.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 07:27:02 EST 2006

Hello all,

another probably dumb question, but I am a bit stumped.

Using 2.6.10 kernel

I have compiled in a map driver which has the locations of the flash on my
Sophia Systems SandgateII board. It is definitely getting registered
according to debug messages, however, the probe function is apparently never
called (the printk gives no output).

I have redboot partition table parsing turned on (tried with off, no
change).

Is there something I have failed to set in my kernel config that is stopping
the probe being done, and the flash being found? Or something else? Any
ideas?

James