Nand flash problem

Santhosh N san.mlists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 00:07:52 EST 2006

Hi All,

I think, I wrote too many things in my previous mail. I have tried to
summarize my problem below.

The CLE and ALE lines of the NAND flash is connected to the address
lines of the processor(PXA255). Also the /CE is connected to GPIO-78
of the PXA255, with alternate function 2(nCS2) enabled.
On sending the page read command to the NAND flash, the processor
brings the /CE on low, only while the read command(00h,01h,50h) is
been sent. For all other times(send address and read data), it
maintains the /CE on high.
Whereas, for the read ID operation, the processor brings /CE on low at
appropriate times. Thereby making this operation successful.

May be it is some timing issue. Not sure as of now. I am trying hard
to find out where the problem is. Hope somebody here, who has already
faced the problem, helps me out.

Thanks in advance,
Santhosh N