OOB byte assignment Question

pttsui at ee.cuhk.edu.hk pttsui at ee.cuhk.edu.hk
Tue Feb 7 04:56:13 EST 2006

Hi, I am writting to check whether there is a standard scheme for the byte
assignment in the NAND Flash Spare OOB region?
For example, what physical meaning byte [15..0] is corresponding.
Is it a standard (Apart from the bad block indicator)? Is it independent to the
MTD users?

Also, I read through the nand_base.c and find the following:

static struct nand_oobinfo nand_oob_8
static struct nand_oobinfo nand_oob_16
static struct nand_oobinfo nand_oob_64

I would like to know which one correspond to small page (528B) and which one
correspond to large page (2KB). Any difference for x8 and x16 organised flash?

Sorry if I ask naive question but I am really eager to know it. Thx

Rgds, Nelson.