Intel flash

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 08:32:45 EST 2006

On 12/20/06, Darshak <darshak at elitecore.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have read that INTEL has strataflash.

Yes.  Read their website on flash chips.

> Is it bare NAND/nor file system?what is its basic use in Linksys?

It's a type of NOR flash chip.  We have no idea what it's usage is in
Linksys.  Especially given that Linksys is a company, so it could be
used for a variety of things.

> What file system does it use? Can we have JFFS2 for that ?

Strataflash can be used with several filesystems, including JFFS2,
assuming there is an underlying device driver in MTD that can talk to
it.

> What is difference in CF flash/DOC flash and this INTEL flash .?

CF flash doesn't show up as real flash.  It shows up as an IDE device.
 Intel flash is a raw flash chip and it's up to a board designer to
determine how it is addressed.

josh