Reduce boot time with jffs2 and CM-X255

Michel LECONTE michel.leconte at sacet.com
Wed Dec 20 03:38:18 EST 2006

Excuse me for the lack of informations.

I use a CM-X255 with a NAND Flash of 512 Mo
where roughly 250 Mo are used (90 Mo for the native distribution
provided by Compulab and 160 Mo for specific applications).

At the boot, there's a scanning of the MTD1 (4096 blocks) corresponding
to the NAND Flash.
This scanning takes 1mn20s. The full boot time, from a reset to the
login prompt, takes 4mn.

I hope that these precisions can be useful.

Thanks for any help or suggestion.

Michel