PM for physmap.c ?

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Wed Aug 23 11:07:27 EDT 2006

Hi all,

for quite some time physmap.c uses platform_{device,driver}.

I wonder why it does not contain any (generic) code for power management
yet, i.e. .suspend/.resume functions.

Is it correct that all I would need to survive a suspend/resume cycle is
something like

int physmap_flash_suspend(struct platform_device *dev, pm_message_t state)
{
	struct sa_info *info = platform_get_drvdata(dev);
	int ret = 0;
	if (info)
		ret = info->mtd->suspend(info->mtd);
	return ret;
}

int physmap_flash_resume(struct platform_device *dev)
{
	struct sa_info *info = platform_get_drvdata(dev);
	if (info)
		info->mtd->resume(info->mtd);
	return 0;
}

as stolen from sa1100-flash.c? Or is PM done at some other/higher layer of
the MTD stuff?

Cheers,

--
Steven