OneNAND - Cannot mount jffs2 partition

Artem B. Bityutskiy dedekind at yandex.ru
Sun Aug 13 08:10:52 EDT 2006

Hello John,

John wrote:
> Questions:
>   Is this a suitable pair of commands?
>    $ flash_eraseall -j /dev/mtd5
>    $ mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock5 /mnt/onenand
Yeah, I believe this is the right commands and should work.

>   Would they work on an ordinary NAND device?
Yeah, and even on NOR.

>   Should I be using the NFTL code is some way?
Nope.

>   What is the likely underlying cause of the error message
>       "Cowardly refusing to erase blocks on filesystem with
>        no valid JFFS2 nodes"
Hmm, JFFS2 is complaining that you feed it with a flash which is neither
empty nor contains a valid JFFS2 FS image.

Try to avoid using -j ans see what happens. You also may try to enable
JFFS2's debugging prints.

I personally have never used OneNAND, and AFAIK it is rather new in MTD.

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityutskiy,