JFFS2: scan leaves dirent for inode which has no valid data nodes

Dmitry Bazhenov atrey at emcraft.com
Thu Apr 27 10:19:25 EDT 2006

On Thursday 27 April 2006 17:59, David Woodhouse wrote:
> You should still be able to unlink it.

I was not and I am still not able to do any operation upon the file. The
jffs2_read_inode() function marked the inode as bad and all I/O operations
return EIO, even unlink() does.

For the moment, I have to find and eliminate the reason(s) that could lead to
appearance of the situation. I think, there is some kind of a race here. My
experience with the filesystem is much to be desired and I would appreciate
any points to the possible places of error.

Thanks,
Dmitry