Great jffs2 speedup

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Thu Sep 29 03:53:44 EDT 2005

On Wed, 28 September 2005 17:26:05 +0200, hinko.kocevar at cetrtapot.si wrote:
> Jörn Engel wrote:
> >On Wed, 28 September 2005 11:36:13 +0200, hinko.kocevar at cetrtapot.si wrote:
> >
> >>On new setup - using yesterdays MTD CVS and 2.6.12 kernel with EBS
> >>enabled:
> >>Mounting flash4 clean partition	[1]
> >>real    0m 3.75s
> >>user    0m 0.02s
> >>sys     0m 1.17s
> >>-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
> >>Mounting flash4 dirty partition	[2]
> >>real    0m 0.75s
> >>user    0m 0.02s
> >>sys     0m 0.73s
> >

> >I assume above numbers are for a dirty partition and below for a clean
> >one?
>
> No.
>
> I've used the same script - It seemed little weird, but ...
> I'll do more tests in days to come, hopefully I'll be able solve this too.

Then your results don't make sense to me.  Either you made a stupid
mistake when measuring this or you have found something quite
interesting.  Remember, most inventions don't start with the word
"Heureka!" but rather with "This is odd!".

Can anyone verify/falsify?

Jörn

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we
are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic