data loss on jffs2 filesystem on dataflash

Andrew Victor andrew at sanpeople.com
Tue Sep 20 11:11:00 EDT 2005

hi,

> How can this reported from the flash device to the mtd layer and then to
> jffs2?

Via mtd_info.erasesize

> In the code, I see at the moment only, that in the device driver
> mtd_info.erasesize is set, later on in jffs2 I see, that this has become
> the sector_size, which becomes then the wbuf_pagesize.

To reduce the number of erase blocks, JFFS2 may also concatenate a
number of erase-blocks in a 'virtual block'.  That is what sector_size
and wbuf_pagesize might get set to.

> Is here mtd_info.ooblock to be set?

No.  All bytes on a DataFlash device are directly addressable, so there
is not really an OOB area.

Regards,
  Andrew Victor