Jffs2 issue on latest mtd for Sibley NOR

Nicolas Pitre nico at cam.org
Wed Nov 23 14:40:22 EST 2005

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, Menon, Nishanth wrote:

> Sibley: Found 1 x16 devices at 0x0 in 16-bit bank
> Sibley: Found 1 x16 devices at 0x4000000 in 16-bit bank

What if you limit your map_info.size to 0x4000000 just to prevent the
second chip from being detected?  I only ever tested the Sibley support
with a single 1x16 chip so...

Can you also test with the stock MTD and JFFS2 code as found in Linux
2.6.15-rc2?

If the problem still persist for you in those conditions while it works
for me then you'll have to look at your own changes outside of JFFS2 or
cfi_cmdset_0001 for the culprit.

Nicolas