small erase block size with EBS

kevinwu kevinwu at e28.com
Mon Nov 21 20:50:24 EST 2005

I have a NAND flash with a small erase block(16KiB)
When I use sumtool, I find that the summary image size is much larger
than the original one if I use option --eraseblock=0x4000.
But When I use option --eraseblock=0x20000, The summary image is a bit
larger than the original one.
EBS fits for large erase block as far as I know.
That is to say, I can not use EBS if the NAND erase block is small. What
a pitty!
What about CS?
Is there any way to use EBS on a small erase block size NAND?
If there is not, I have to modify JFFS2 souce code in order to make a
128KiB erase block size image to work on a 16KiB erase block size NAND
flash.

--
Best Regards

Kevin Wu