How to decrease the delay to flush write buffer

Peter Menzebach pm-mtd at mw-itcon.de
Mon Nov 21 11:52:37 EST 2005

Hi,
I am using jffs2 on Atmel dataflash. I encounter sometimes errors like
"Empty flash at 0x004a7814 ends at 0x004a79c0" and "read_dnode: header
CRC failed on node at 0x63d670: read 0xffffffff, calculated 0x8f83d3bc".
My guess at the moment is, that this happens at unclean reboots (power
off), where the write buffer is not flushed. For dataflash
CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_WRITEBUFFER is mandatory.

For my purpose this would be avoided more or less completely, if the
write buffer would be flushed after a delay of some 100 ms instead of
some seconds. How can I reduce this timer?

Best regards
Peter

--
Peter Menzebach