CRC error of jffs2_get_inode_nodes() for JFFS2 on NAND

陳羿逞 \(Chuck\) ycchen at realtek.com.tw
Tue Nov 8 03:36:12 EST 2005

Hello all,

Our system use JFFS2 on NAND flash, and code base is linux 2.6.10-rc3.
A few days ago, we dived into the JFFS2 for the CRC error after a system reboot.
We found that it is caused by an incomplete writing and it always happens in the end of file.
If we write some data into flash which size is not the multiple of page_size (512-byte),
there is a remainder (under a page-size) in 'wbuf' of function jffs2_flash_writev().
Then, at this time, we reset the system, JFFS2 will not yet write the remainder into flash and it will cause the inode incomplete.
Is it normal ? What time will JFFS2 flush wbuf out to sync the data if there is a remainder in wbuf ?

I appreciate if anyone can give us some suggestion.

best regards,
Chuck Chen