Significance of Sector size while using the mkfs.jffs2 utility

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Tue May 31 03:16:32 EDT 2005

Hi,

please configure your mail client according to
http://www.infradead.org/~dwmw2/email.html Paragraph 8

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 10:08 +0530, Pankaj GOYAL wrote:
>  I want to ask that is it safe to specify the sector size of
>  4KB while my nand has the page size of 512 byte only.Also I
>
>From the help text:
Use page size (max data node size) SIZE (default: 4KiB)

Thats the default page size and usually not necessary to change. It is
not related to the page size of the FLASH chip. It is the memory
PAGE_SIZE in the kernel which happens to be 4KiB.

>  want to know that what is the use of the option -p during
>  the use of mkfs.jffs2 utility.Is is necessary to use this
>  option.What if I do not specify this flag.

Please read the following mail thread

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2005-March/012045.html

tglx