JFFS on DoC Millenium Plus

Ina Miranda celina.miranda at eazix.com
Wed May 25 06:52:05 EDT 2005

Hi,

We're using an MX1-based board with 32MB DoC Millenium Plus using Linux 2.4.20.

We've successfully mounted the disk using ext2. We want to use JFFS and ext2, however, for our final system. When we try to mount /dev/mtdblock/0 as jffs we encounter a flash_safe_read() error. It seems that jffs tries to read 4k chunk of data but the read() of DoCMP driver only permits 512-byte read.

To summarize:
1. Is JFFS for DoCMP readily supported in Linux 2.4.20? Or do we have to do some tweaking for our system?
2. How can we partition DoCMP so that one partition supports JFFS and the other partition supports ext2?

Thanks,
Ina