Warning during GC, resulting in to Magic Bitmask Error for JFFS2.

Niraj Maheshwari niraj.maheshwari at gmail.com
Fri May 6 05:03:33 EDT 2005

Hi Artem/All,

I tried using 5th May, 2005 snapshot and applied the patch on Linux
Kernel 2.6.10 but still the same problem gets repeated 3 out of 5
times if you follow the same steps and it's pretty much consistent.

When i delete a file when the JFFS2 partition is full, i get an error
"jffs2_reserve_space(): Low on dirty space to GC, but it's a deletion.
Allowing."

But if i give the command "sync" then it works fine after booting
otherwise it gives me following error for sometime and then it mounts
the JFFS2 partition.

jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x00540004:
0x0040 in stead

Any idea on this problem ? Has anyone faced this problem ?

Thanks
Niraj