summary

Ferenc Havasi havasi at inf.u-szeged.hu
Thu May 5 05:21:45 EDT 2005

Dear All,

Some news about our summary (mount time speed up) works:

A new version of erase block summary has been released.
JFFS3 will be updated soon, too. Changes:
- there is a fixed "may sleep" bug (thanks for Artem and Jarkko)
- NO_CRC option removed (it may caused incorrect behavoiur)

A new kind of summary has been introduced. It is called centralized
summary (CS). It stores every important memory data structures (relevant
patrs of inode cache, raw node references, jeb info ans lists) onto the
flash at umount time. If there was clean umount at the next mount this
stored information will be read directly into the memory and additional
scanning will not be neccesarry which makes the mounting process so
fast. There is no user space tool for CS. The first mount will use the
original scanning process, and from the second mount will be fast (if
there was clean umount before). It is very new, should be tested. It
works on NAND chips only, yet. You can download it from our web-site
(http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/jffs2/) Any feedbacks are welcome.

Bye,
Ferenc