mtd emulation --> NAND?

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Sun May 1 15:51:43 EDT 2005

On Saturday 30 April 2005 09:24, Sam Pham wrote:
> I'd like to evaluate JFFS2.  Has anyone done this
> before?  Does linux have the capability of emulating
> mtd block device and mtd memory so that I can run
> JFFS2 on top of it without using the actual flash?

Further to this question, is there an emulation of NAND?

I use a "high level"  mtd NAND emulation that I wrote for YAFFS testing. This
just provides the NAND mtd functions and uses none of the mtd.

I'm hoping there's a NAND emulation that emulates NAND at a very low level by
accepting ALE/CLE and byte read/writes. This would provide, say, emulation of
a 256Mbyte NAND part while exercising the whole of nand.c etc. This allows
complete testing of file system + mtd code without having any hardware on
hand.

-- Charles