64 MB DiskOnChip 2000 causes kernel to hang

Sukanta K. Hazra sukanta at i2r.a-star.edu.sg
Sat Mar 12 13:47:28 EST 2005

Hi!

I have the following setup:

Linux kernel 2.6.8
MTD enabled

CONFIG_MTD=y
CONFIG_MTD_DEBUG=y
CONFIG_MTD_DEBUG_VERBOSE=3
CONFIG_NFTL=y
CONFIG_NFTL_RW=y
CONFIG_MTD_NAND=y
CONFIG_MTD_NAND_IDS=y
CONFIG_MTD_NAND_DISKONCHIP=y
CONFIG_MTD_NAND_DISKONCHIP_BBTWRITE=y

This setup works fine for an 8 MB DOC. The DOC is detected and everything
works fine. However, when I put a 64 MB DOC in the slot, the kernel
hangs after the following message:

====
DiskOnChip found at 0xd8000
DiskOnChip 2000 responds to DWORD access
NAND device: Manufacturer ID: 0xec, Chip ID: 0x75 (Samsung NAND 32MiB
3,3V 8-bit)
====

I have tried using kernel 2.6.11; the same problem persists. It's
unlikely that the DOC is faulty, I replaced it with another unit (64
MB), no improvement.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Sukanta