JFFS3 superblock search

Artem B. Bityuckiy dedekind at infradead.org
Mon Jun 6 08:59:07 EDT 2005

Hello,

in order not to lose your attention I decided to announce that the JFFS3
design document (v0.1) now has a description of the Superblock
management scheme. It allows to solve the slow mount problem and admits
of locating the position of the Superblock for < 2ms (you'll find some
digits in the document). Any suggestions, criticism etc are appreciated.

P.S. Since the document has no description of the general approach of
storing data in JFFS3, I'll note that I'm thinking about a Reiser4-like
approach, i.e., storing all the FS data in one 4-level B+ tree. There
will be a superblock containing the FS description and admitting of very
fast JFFS3 mount.

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,