Adding a latest snapshot to a 2.6.9 kernel base

Benavides, Tony tony.benavides at intel.com
Thu Jun 2 21:33:02 EDT 2005

I am trying to add the latest MTD snapshot to my 2.6.9 kernel base.
After running the patchkernel.sh command I am assuming that my 2.6.9
kernel is patched.

Is this all I need to do to guarantee that the kernel is patched with
the new MTD?
I found that some files such as makefile.common and makefile.inc were
not added and I had to manually add them.

Is it common to have to go through every file and manually add source or
am I missing a flag passed to patchkernel.sh

It would be nice to streamline this?

Thanks/Tony