Problem with AT91RM9200 and intel cfi flash

Mirco Fuchs mircofuchs at web.de
Fri Jul 29 06:46:23 EDT 2005

I compiled my kernel with CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_NAND=n and it works fine.

I also patched the kernel with the latest CVS version. After compiling the kernel with
CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_DEBUG=0, the following error occured:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  AR      arch/arm/lib/lib.a
  GEN     .version
  CHK     include/linux/compile.h
  UPD     include/linux/compile.h
  CC      init/version.o
  LD      init/built-in.o
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
fs/built-in.o(.text+0x60f3c): In function `jffs2_get_inode_nodes':
fs/jffs2/readinode.c:252: undefined reference to `__jffs2_dbg_dump_node'
fs/built-in.o(.text+0x6149c):fs/jffs2/readinode.c:387: undefined reference to `__jffs2_dbg_dump_node'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Fehler 1

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When setting this to CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_DEBUG=1 the kernel gets succesfully compiled
and the jffs2 partition can be unmounted.

I think this is a little bug to be fixed.

Regards
Mirco