infinite loop in jffs2_flush_wbuf_gc()?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jul 14 10:39:06 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 07:11 -0700, Rick Bronson wrote:
>   A few seconds after the command line prompt appears the gc code goes
>   into a 12 minute temporary "hang" loop in jffs2_flush_wbuf_gc() in
> wbuf.c starting at:

OK. So it _is_ making progress, but just very slowly. It _is_ garbage
collecting, but it's not having to write out new nodes, because it's
mostly just erasing.

Can you build with CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_DEBUG=1 and show the output while
it's doing this? It shouldn't be taking that long -- I wonder what else
is going on.

--
dwmw2