infinite loop in jffs2_flush_wbuf_gc()?

Rick Bronson rick at efn.org
Fri Jul 8 12:59:12 EDT 2005

Dear Artem,

  Thanks very much for the response.

  Sorry, I never got your previous email answering my original post.
Nor did I see it in my saved archive of the mtd mailing list.  Hmmm.

  Anyway, I got the latest CVS a few weeks ago but then had to do:

cvs update -dP -D 2005-03-04

  because I'm using 2.4.27 on a ARM.

  I noticed that the code in wbuf.c is pretty much the same in the
latest CVS as in the 2005-03-04 version so I thought someone might
have stumbled upon this issue.

> you didn't write the version of Linux/MTD you're using. It's important
> because I fixed one endless GC thread loop problem recently. Please, try
> a fresh MTD snapshot (download it from CVS). If it won't help - come back.

  Maybe you could tell me roughly the fix, I'd really appreciate that.

  Thanks again.

  Rick