UnitSizeFactor 0x00

Siddharth A. Trivedi sashhoney at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 07:25:36 EST 2005

I m having a trouble with mtd driver
i m not having direct conn to internet, so i cant use CVS
now i want to download nftl_format utility
i m using kernel-2.4.24, and getting following message while booting

NFTL: nftlcore.c.......$ver xxx$..........nftlmount.c
NFTL: UnitSizeFactor is 0x00 which is not valid according to specs
nfta:nfta1

but i m unable to use /dev/nfta , while /dev/mtd0 is a valid device
$mke2fs /devnfta
no such device

i know i can use nftl_format for this but pls
tell me how to download mtd utilities without CVS