JFFS2: disabling GC?

Artem B. Bityuckiy dedekind at infradead.org
Wed Jan 12 04:40:56 EST 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Steven Scholz wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> what would be the impact if I disabled the GC thread on my embedded system?
If you disable GC thread, the GC function will check inodes anyway, but
not in backgroun - in the context of the first process which will need to
write and which will cause the GC to reserve some space.

So, disabling the GC thread one of you writer task will just be blocked
for that checking time. IMHO, thats not what people usually want.

> I use an JFFS2 partition as root fs. But usually only write to it on firmware
> update...
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Steven Scholz