ioremap_cached in drivers/mtd/maps ?

Ben Dooks ben at fluff.org.uk
Mon Feb 21 04:31:00 EST 2005

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 09:16:26AM +0100, Steven Scholz wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> it looks like only lubbock-flash.c is using ioremap_cached().
>
> Can I use ioremap_cached() with normal NOR flashes?
> Is it only for DMA transfer from/to flash?

you could use it for such, but it also allows an cached
area for flash read, which makes it faster to execute
code from.

> Does it improve something when using JFFS2?
> What do I have to consider? .inval_cache function?

It allows the mapping driver to have a seperate read-only
cached area, the .inval_cache function is needed to flush
this area when writes happen to the un-cached area.

--
Ben (ben at fluff.org, http://www.fluff.org/)

  'a smiley only costs 4 bytes'