Software Requirement && DiskOnChip

Josh Boyer jdub at us.ibm.com
Fri Feb 18 09:54:59 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 18:41 +0400, Ara Avanesyan wrote:
> ok,
>
> My question is from theory only:)
> Can't then the driver writer copy-paste the documentation to source files as
> comment? really...

Not if there is an agreement with the documentation owners to not
release the documentation.  That would be similar to taking a
programming book and pasting the contents into a program you wrote using
information in the book.  It's known as plagiarism.

> And what could be the reason to not sharing the hardware documentation to
> the community???

I have no idea.  You'd have to ask M-Systems I guess.

(btw, top-posting is frowned upon on this list.)

josh