CLEANMARKER!!

Nikhil nikhils at cdac.in
Thu Dec 22 10:38:19 EST 2005

hi all,

I am a bit confused regarding the cleanmarker stuff in JFFS2. I understand
that cleanmarker is written to the eraseblock immediately after a
successfull erase, which indicates that the block is empty and can be used
for writes.

Is there any other situation when the cleanmarker has to be added at the
beginning of the eraseblock?

jffs2dump of an image shows the presence of cleanmarker at the beginning
of all the eraseblocks (even if the block contains some valid data). why
is there a need to write cleanmarker in each erase block while creating
image using mkfs.jffs2?

--
Thanks & Regards

Nikhil