Nand Flash not found.

Marcus Mikolaiczyk m.mikolaiczyk at rac.de
Thu Apr 14 05:29:35 EDT 2005

Dear list users,

I've adapted a hardware driver for our board, and compiled the new
kernel successfully. But it doesn't find the NAND Flash. When loading
the module I get:
insmod ./btutc1130.o
./btutc1130.o: init_module: No such device or address
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters

in /var/log/messages:
Jan  1 19:25:15 10 daemon.warn klogd: No NAND device found!!!

Is there any possibility to test the 'connection' to the NAND or how can
I check/debug the problem. I think that the HW functions are not
properly configured, any idea how this can be checked.

Thanks in advance

Marcus