mounting jffs2

Artem B. Bityuckiy dedekind at infradead.org
Thu Apr 14 05:15:33 EDT 2005

> Just an idea: you may try out our summary patch. (
> http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/jffs2/mount.php )
Yes, summary will help greatly with mount time, but unfortunately it
doesn't help with memory consumption and iget() (in Sergey's case the time
of the background checking is the same).

> It makes the mount time faster and there is an experimental option,
> where you can disable the check the CRC of nodes which have good
> summary. (most of the nodes will have it, if you use it correctly)
Albeit I used to claim it is a good attribute not to check CRCs for
blocks with summaries, now I believe it is wrong and dangerous and must
not be used in JFFS2.

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,