how little do i have to do to define flash layout on my system?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 11 15:08:05 EDT 2005

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Michael wrote:

> > i did a bit more reading last night and concluded that the
> > PHYSMAP stuff would let me define a single flash chip but no
> more.
> > so if i want multiple chips, it *appears* that i have to write a
> > maps file.
> >
> > rday
>
> Could an alternative be to extend the physmap stuff to handle
> multiple chips?  If situations like yours are more common, this
> solution will make it simpler for all.

i'd thought of that and was already looking at the code.  i think
that, as a start, it wouldn't be hard to add support for multiple,
*identical* chips, each with an arbitrary starting address.

this is what we have here.  is this scenario common enough to warrant
adding that kind of support to physmap?  i can't imagine it would be
that hard.

rday