JFFS2 an nodes checking

Artem B. Bityuckiy abityuckiy at yandex.ru
Tue Sep 28 09:57:48 EDT 2004

David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 17:37 +0400, Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:
>
>>If this isn't last node, the reason is media errors.
>

> No. What about an unclean reboot followed by more valid writes? You end
> up with the broken node in the middle.
Sorry, I don't understand. Suppose, after unclean reboot the bad last
node appears. Before any write, this last node will be detected *before
write* since the iget() will be called before it. Is it?

> The GC already doesn't delete _anything_ until all inodes have been
> checked. In fact I suppose it _could_ proceed, checking each inode only
> as and when it encounters a node belonging to that inode... but that
> would generally screw up the accounting totals and make my head hurt so
> it wasn't done that way.

Hm, yes.

Ok, anyway, there are possibilities to improve the iget().

What do you think the best way to do such change (no check on iget()) ?

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,