jffs2 filesystem on flash problem CRC errpr

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Sep 17 04:26:17 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 10:31 +0800, gyf606-mtd at yahoo.com.cn wrote:
> Thank you for your attention, Mr. Woodhouse. I followed your suggestion, but the problem still
> exists. Do you think maybe that's because of the bad format of the jffs2 image file(fs1.img)?
> How can I get a good file to be mounted ? Is it platform independent?

The only platform-dependence is the endianness, and if you had that
wrong it wouldn't manifest itself as CRC errors.

Can you read back the contents of the flash from /dev/mtd4 immediately
after writing them, but before you attempt to mount JFFS2? Check that
there is no corruption there.

I'm a little suspicious of the CRC which your system says it
_calculated_. It wants 0x00000000, then 0x715da5a5, then 0x56361fba,
which don't seem entirely likely to me.

--
dwmw2