JFFS2 & SMP

Artem B. Bityuckiy abityuckiy at yandex.ru
Thu Oct 28 08:33:54 EDT 2004

Hello,

I have two problems with JFFS2 now.

The first problem appears if SMP is enabled. I described is in the mtd-list.

The second one is the CRC errors. I also mentioned it

I've installed 4 variants of the Linux-2.6.8.1 kernel on my i686 test host:
1. SMP, Preemption
2. SMP, No preemption
3. UP, Preemption
4. UP, No preemption

I've testes JFFS2 on all these configurations and have observed:
The first problem appears only on configurations 1 and 2.
The second problem appears only on configuration 1 and 3

The configuration number 4 has no problems.

So I may suppose that:
1. The first problem is SMP-related.
2. The second problem is preemption-related.
3. Both problems relate to race conditions.

Comments?

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,