Patch !

Nicolas Pouillon nipo at ssji.net
Mon Oct 4 12:38:27 EDT 2004

[Mon, 04 Oct 2004 10:05:11 +0200]
Thomas Gleixner <tglx at linutronix.de> eut le bonheur d'écrire:

> If you can start something like a kernel or a repairtool via JTAG you
> should have access.

Hm, sould document more on JTAG ;)

> > > #define. The code runs on 2.4 too. See compatmac.h
> >
> > I'll have a look at it ;)

Ok, it does compile.
I still have problems like oops when accessing MTD (same than before).
error is "Unhandled fault: imprecise external abort (0xcf6) at
0x20800014", which seems a blur.
I cant understand why Xscale complains, but I saw this issue has been
addressed some times on arm-linux ML, without fix (at least not in same
threads)

> Is the chip configured for 16-bit interface mode ?

PXA boots of it and its BOOT_SEL is configured to "Asynchronous 16bit
ROM", elsewhere, in mem controller, it is configured as "16bit fast
flash or rom, non burst read". so I assume it is.

> If yes, there are more tweaks neccecary.

I can see some NAND_BUSWIDTH_16 options, but how can this be enabled at
probe time ?

--
Nipo <nipo at ssji.net>
Gnu-PGP: 1024D/1DBF658F